Free Family Guide To Addiction
A free family guide to addiction. How to support your loved one before, during and after addiction treatment. A must read for families worried about their loved one.
Addiction tears families apart, but most addicts seek treatment because of positive family intervention, involvement and support. So whatever your situation, family matters.
Addiction: a family disease
While addicts often believe that their substance abuse is their problem and nothing more; seeing a loved one struggle with drugs or alcohol is devastating for those closest to them. Families and friends of addicted individuals all experience feelings of anxiety, anger, helplessness and despair as a direct consequence of their loved one’s substance abuse issues. Addiction has the power to tear families apart; however, with love, courage and professional support families can reclaim their power and be instrumental in guiding their loved one on the road to recovery.
Your free family guide to addiction: A complete guide for how to support your loved one before, during and after treatment.
We have created a free detailed guide on how to support your loved one before, during and after treatment including how to conduct an intervention and what to do afterwards.
The 30 page guide includes:
- Addiction explained
- Understanding enabling
- How addiction effects families
- How to support a loved one with addiction
- What to do when your loved one is in denial or refuses to get help
- 20 essential things to do before you hold an intervention
- How to structure an intervention
- What to discuss and how to talk during an intervention
- What to do following an intervention
- Preparing yourself for your loved one going to rehab
- Family involvement in treatment
- Helpful and unhelpful behaviours
- What to do when visiting your loved one in rehab
- What to do after treatment
- How to return to a regular life
- Relapse prevention
To download and have the family guide to addiction emailed to you, simply fill in your details below.
Get help for addiction
I need help for myself
Struggling with addiction and looking for an approved addiction treatment provider?Start Here
I need help for a family member
Do you have a loved one struggling with addiction? Find all the help and information you need here.Start Here
I am a DVA card holder
Veteran? White and Gold DVA Card holders can enter our addiction treatment immediately, for no cost.Start Here
I would like to refer a patient
GP, health worker, lawyer? Find out how to refer your patients and clients here.Start Here
Queensland’s only private rehab centre with ACHS accreditation
We are proud to be the only private drug and alcohol addiction treatment centre in Queensland to be independantly accredited.