Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Hader Clinic Queensland's response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Update 31-03-20: Border passes now available for interstate clients to access treatment
As an essential health service provider we are able to provide border passes to allow interstate clients to travel to our Queensland rehab facilities. Please contact us on 1300 856 847 or email email@example.com for further information.
COVID-19 and the Hader Clinic Queensland
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve throughout Queensland, Australia and the world, Hader Clinic Queensland is presented with the unique challenge of taking measures to ensure the well-being and safety of our clients and their loved ones, without causing unnecessary disruption to our operations and, by extension, our clients’ treatment and recovery.
Hader Clinic Queensland will base any future action plan to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on recommendations received by the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO). We are monitoring development of the situation closely and will act without delay should further preventative measures become necessary. To date no employee or client of Hader Clinic Queensland is known to have contracted the virus or been in contact with confirmed or suspected cases.
Our operations will continue, with adjustments to ensure everyone’s health is best protected; however, due to the unpredictability of the situation, some of our procedures and processes may be subject to change as the situation develops. Hader Clinic Queensland will inform you of all impending changes affecting clients and their loved ones immediately. We are committed to transparent communication to minimise any worry and anxiety our clients and their loved ones might experience.
Hader Clinic Queensland is currently implementing a number of safety measures to ensure our clients have safe access to treatment and can continue their journey to recovery.
Current Preventative Measures Concerning Residential Clients
- Increased focus on personal hygiene for all employees and clients – regular washing of hands and use of hand sanitiser (available throughout our facilities) is a compulsory precaution
- Increased focus on keeping our facilities sanitised – Hader Clinic Queensland has implemented increased hygiene measures, including regular disinfection of all doorknobs, surfaces in shared areas, bannisters etc.
- Screening before arrival – Hader Clinic Queensland is still accepting new clients; however, we ensure that none of our new arrivals are presenting with symptoms such as fever, coughs and shortness of breath. Delaying admission because of possible COVID-19 infection may seem like a harsh measure to prospective clients; but it is necessary in order to protect our current residents. As always, our clients will require pre-admission medical clearance prior to admission.
- Screening our employees – If Hader Clinic Queensland employees experience any symptoms or have been in contact with a person experiencing symptoms, they will not return to our facility for a minimum of 14 days. This is not a punitive measure and our employees understand that the well-being and safety of their clients and co-workers is absolute paramount
- Social distancing – All group activities adhere to recommended social distancing guidelines
- Accommodation – All clients have private, individual accommodation
- Online aftercare program – Clients are able to undertake an online aftercare program with online real-time video call counselling services
- Daily health checks – Our onsite nurse will continue to monitor clients health with daily health checks
- Family nights – Clients’ family members are able to participate in online video family education sessions
We appreciate your understanding that this is an ever changing situation and we will make changes as they arise. If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get help for addiction
I need help for myself
Struggling with addiction and looking for an approved addiction treatment provider?Start Here
I need help for a family member
Do you have a loved one struggling with addiction? Find all the help and information you need here.Start Here
I am a DVA card holder
Veteran? White and Gold DVA Card holders can enter our addiction treatment immediately, for no cost.Start Here
I would like to refer a patient
GP, health worker, lawyer? Find out how to refer your patients and clients here.Start Here
Queensland’s only private rehab centre with ACHS accreditation
We are proud to be the only private drug and alcohol addiction treatment centre in Queensland to be independantly accredited.